Monday, December 17, 2012

Homecoming now March 4th- mission extended!


Mi querido familia,

Announcement: My official release date is now March 4, 2013! Can you say, "Awesome!!" ? ...I can!

I just filled out my flying information and sent it to the secretary. It's because the transfer that starts in January (which would normally end in February) has now been extended and will end in March. So, yep.  March 4th I'll be flying into San Diego!

Anyways, onto the work... This week has been awesome, like always. We went to the Mission Christmas Devotional, which was great. Only half the mission was there, but I still got to see a few familiar faces. Elder Williams, the Elder I trained was so happy to see me, he wouldn't let me go haha, hes doing really good now. He's in a zone called Gaviotas (Seagulls) which is a really great zone as well (next to Zapata that is-my zone- haha).

Here in the zone we are seeing a lot of miracles. Benemerito came with us to the devotional (Benemerito to Villa is like a 6-7 hour trip) and they had to stay with us the night before, and stay with us the night after. When they got back to Benemerito, their branch president called them, and told them that there was a sister who wanted to be baptized who lives in a family unit called Pico de Oro.

We've got Jared down for a baptismal date this saturday, he is going to be baptized with the Hermano (Brother) Fabian's son too. What a great baptismal service! Also, baptismal dates are exploding in all the areas. Its crazy. Who knows if its because of Christmas, or if the world is going to end on Friday, or what haha. (the Mayan calendar thing)  I'll let you all know how it goes next week. I love you all.

P.s. We're skypin it up again this year. Christmas day I'm assuming, but I'll let you know for sure next week. Love you all! I'll try and take more pictures to send to you next week, I have failed these last few weeks, I know.

Love, Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment