Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!


Mi querida familia,
How great to hear that so much is going on at home. You all sound so busy! And how great to hear about Mimi even more, she is always in my prayers. Well let me tell you, this week has been a busy one for me too. So much going on. First off, we're doing fhe with the families in our ward to teach them the restauration again, and its going great, we already have like half the ward taught. Secondly, we have been working our tails off here visiting everyone we can. We've been looking in the ward directory and we have visited a few inactive members and less-actives to see what the heck is going on. Its going great. Our normal 30-40 people in church went up to 50 this week! Its was a pretty full-house. With 3 investigators in church. This week, we did exchanges with Las Choapas, Elder Pack and Elder Flores. I went to Las Chopas with Elder Pack, while Elder Flores came here with Elder Williams. Elder Williams was really scared to be alone in the area, but I made a map for him and it was all good. Gotta learn somehow, and I think its faster to learn when you HAVE to do it. If I'm always there with him he just trusts I'll guide him, but he's getting ahold of the area now. Getting more confident with everything. He really is great at spanish, way better than I was when I got here, but he has some confidence issues sometimes. The other day he was considering going home, and I was like what the heck, why?? Then we talked a bit and he realized how dumb of an idea it was. I really don't remember ever being like that with Elder Plummer... I think I was prideful alot, but never a debbie-downer. Eh, who knows, he's getting better. We're excited because there's a lot of awesome stuff going on in our area now.
So we have some new investigators:
-Jerry(Gerardo) lived in the US for like 4 years and knows english better than I do. We've been teaching him in english (Confidence booster for Elder Williams, because he can teach better than I can in English haha) and he prayed to know if everything is true and says that he knows it is, and that he wants to follow his answer.
-Well, I already told you about Yael, but she is just getting so awesome. She is so excited to heaer us every time we come over and wants to have an eternal family. She was sick yesterday though, and couldn't come to church. Bummer...
-Flor, the mother-in-law of Jael, is the grandma of Williams(Jael's son) who is an ex-investigator of mine. We walked by their house the other day and I felt like saying hi. Well, they told us that now they don't work on Sundays like they used to, and that Flor would like to come to church now! We went by her house yesterday (she couldn't go to church either) and she accepted to be baptized (again) and we put a goal with her for the 16th of June. Awesome!
-Jaime, is another ex-investigator of mine, back from the days of Elder Andrade, like in January. He was never interested when we visited him, his brother(Jose Manuel) was a little bit but way into the pentecost church. But then a member from Las Choapas told us to go visit his Jose and I was like, "okay, we'll give it a shot again." Well he's still way into the pentecost church and doesn't want to hear us, but Jaime is SO READY to hear the gospel. He's way interested now and wants to accept the gospel in his life again.
-Leydi, is the sister of a member, and she just got out of the hospital like a month ago. She was in some crazy accident. She was in front of a car when it got hit from behind, and she got pushed UNDERneath the car. Her leg was way damaged, but she didn't break a bone or anything. What a miracle. Well she has come to activities before, but until yesterday she had never came to church on a sunday. She liked it alot and said that she's going to come next week too. Way cool.

Well, with so much going on, I feel so immensely blessed to be working here in Cuichapa. My companion and I are getting along fine, I'm trying to help him be a bit more independent and self-sufficient though (you know me).. We're going places. With such a dry period in this area, its going to explode pretty soon hahaha
We've just gotta wait with faith and worthy acts always.

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." Revelations12

I love you all! Write me if you have some time this week, I'd love to hear how you are all doing!

Con amor,
Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment