Monday, July 18, 2011

Aquí estoy en la Ciudad del Carmen

Querido familia mía,

  Well here I am in the City of Carmen. It's way more modernized here than in Minatitlan, but a lot hotter too everyone says. It's been raining on and off this week though, so I haven't really experienced much heat yet. But I'm loving it here so far! My new companion is Elder de los Santos, he's from Sinaloa and this will be his last transfer. So in mission terms, I'm going to "kill" him. We've been getting along great so far, even though it's a bit harder expressing myself when he doesn't know much English. But it's definitely for the better, because now I'm feeling even better and better with my spanish here. The people here are so nice! It seems like they always want to feed us and give us stuff here, its crazy. I'm going to have to get used to it a bit more.
  I've also decided this week that I'm going to write you more about the people I'm teaching, like you asked, because I know I've been slacking alot on that lately. But, I'll have to wait until next week because I still don't really know who anyone is here yet. We did eat with our mission leader yesterday. He made Mexican crabs for us. And made sure that I tell you haha. I really liked it, but it was super annoying having to break open everything to get to the meat. I'd rather have a burger =D But hey, I'm in Mexico right? I'll have a burger in two years from now haha

  This weekend, we assisted a funeral of the father of a family in our ward. It was very sad to see this happen. I met the family just two days before, and they were all so nice to us. It was a bit uncomfortable being in the funeral, to be honest, because I didn't know anyone. But nonetheless, I could feel so much love from the family, when it was THEIR hard times, they were still offering us water and food, and asking how WE were doing. I could hardly believe how strong they all are.

There was a funeral service saturday night with all of the family there, it was in their home. And then on Sunday after church in the afternoon with more people from the ward too. It was awesome how everyone who spoke shared their testimony of the gospel we have here on the earth. Of the blessings they have received of peace and comfort due to the knowledge they have of the life-to-come, all because of the church. That we have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who has suffered the worst of physical death for us, so that we may overcome it. Who has made it possible so that they WILL see their father again, and they WILL live with him, as a family, forever and ever in the kingdom of God. I am so grateful for my Savior, and for the blessing of this gospel in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a great weekend to hear such strong testimonies after such a devestating occurance happened.

  I love you all so much. I'm going to send some pictures as soon as I buy a card-reader, I always used Elder Plummer's in Paquital. I am so happy for Haley and Caitlynn, that they will be going to the temple together this week! I read Our Search for Happiness these past few days, and it really reminded me of you Dad, I miss you so much. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father blesses me with 'goodly parents' like you, my Mom and Dad forever! I love hearing about how you all are doing. I'm so happy that Chelsea can be living so close to everyone again. I'm super proud of her and Danny who, as well as everyone, are in my prayers always. I know that our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, are watching over all of us with so much care in these days. Love you all, forever and always.

Sincerely, Elder Trevor Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment