Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm being transferred to la Ciudad de Carmen- right on the water on the Gulf of Mexico!



Querido familia,
I bring sad news this week.. I am already leaving my area =( I cannot believe it! I was just starting to really grab onto spanish to the point that I could really get to know everyone here and create friendships and trust with the members. And ya, already, I am going. Elder Plummer and I thought for sure that we would both be staying this transfer too. We found out after church yesterday while we were turning in our numbers for the week. And then we went to go check on Angel, who I baptized in our first transfer, because he hurt his leg and didn't come to church. Breaking the news to them was so hard. I didn't want to say anything, but Elder Plummer mentioned that I had news to break. Haha
 I want to just disappear, because it seems so much easier than saying goodbye to everyone! We went to the Tobilla's home last night, and they couldn't believe us the first 10 times we told them. I was laughing because they didn't want to believe us, and they thought that I was laughing because I was joking about leaving.
Nevertheless, I am excited to see a new area. To see what God has in store for me in la Ciudad de Carmen, Barrio(Ward) Universidad. I know that President Casteñeda is guided by the spirit while organizing the transfers, and that Carmen must be where the Lord wants me. That there are people there waiting to receive the gospel that we are going to bring to them. I know that we have a Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us, because He loves us all SOO much. That He has given us this church to guide us in the right path, to recieve the ordinances of His kingdom throuhgh the Priesthood on the Earth today. I testify that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God, to restore the original church that Jesus Christ established while He lived. I know that He organized this church for our benefit, for our salvation, for our eternal happiness. Search for the truth, and you will find it.
"Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
*Ya me voy (I already am going), but here are some scriptures that I liked this week
Mark 8:34-35, DyC 24:7-8, >Jacob 6:12<
Love you, love you, love you,

No comments:

Post a Comment