Monday, September 5, 2011

Hellooooo family,

     Happy Labor Day? I am so oblivious to all the American holidays here, but do enjoy it for me over there in the states!

     I haven't gotten any mail since last transfer. But the zone leaders go to Villahermosa this week and usually bring back mail, so we'll see. And that sucks that stuff is getting returned, I would love to receive their letters. I'm still working on letters, but almost never have time to write. We work all day it seems, and I'm so tired at the end of the day, that its already tiring enough to fill out reports and records, so much that I almost dont write in my journal anymore...oops...

     I'm so excited for Reagan to be in Seminary! I was never the best example of going every day, nor on time, but I sure do miss it and regret not taking it so seriously. What a blessing it is to study the scriptures every morning with such a great group of friends. To prepare yourself spiritually for the day, and receive so much knowledge and light from my teachers. I am so grateful for my Seminary teachers, I apologize to them for not taking it so seriously, but I really am so grateful for them and their influences in my life. The mission would be so much easier if I actually remembered all of the scripture mastery haha.

     This week has been super good, I feel like I have learned ALOT. My companion and I got in a pretty big argument the other night, it was rough on me. And I cannot honestly say that I was not at fault, because (like Mom and Dad always said) it takes two people to fight. Nevertheless, I really did learn alot. Afterwards, I felt so spiritually drained, and alone. All I could think of was to read in my Predicad Mi Evangelio (Preach my gospel), and I read about the Christlike attributes. The attribute that stuck out most to me was Humility. And how important it really is. I read in Proverbios 15:10, and how strong this scripture is. "Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die." Wow. I cannot explain how grievous I felt after having read this scripture. I immediately went to my knees and prayed to my Heavenly Father to help me be more humble, to accept correction and not fight it. I prayed for my companion, and for our relationship, that it could better itself. That I can be more humble and full of charity towards my companion. I later tried to apologize to Elder Alvarado, but he was still mad too and wouldn't accept anything. I felt so bad, and so at fault. That we both could have avoided all of this with more humility. I want to help him even more now. So that we can be a more effective companionship, more guided by the Spirit. I read also in Doctrina y Convenios 121:41-44, "..that he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death." When it comes to mission rules, I feel pretty confident in my obedience. But I know that different things are harder for everyone, that I still have a lot of other weaknesses. And that when I accept correction from my companion, we will both better our relationship. But if one thing I can do to help my companion is how to be more obedient, I shouldn't entirely hold back. That I should help him recognize at times, but do it with love. So that he can see I am doing it for the Lord, because I want to be faithful and worthy of His blessings and guidance in our lives.  What a great lesson I learned this week. I know that it will help me for the rest of my life.

     Also, Martha is getting baptized this week! We set a date with her for the 10th of Septembre. And she is super excited. Her daughters(who are both members of the church) both missed church yesterday, but Martha came alone because she told me, "I know this is where I should be, this is what Heavenly Father wants." How great of an example she is. And how much it touched me to hear her say that, I cannot explain in words. I'm praying I get your package this week, with batteries in it, so that I can take pictures at the baptism haha. I have so much more to say, but no time today already. I'll do my best to write it in my journal to tell you later.

     Love you all so much, congratulations to Grandma and Grandpa on your 50th Anniversary! I couldn't watch the video, but sounds like everyone had a blast together for dinner! Cuídense a todos. Les quiero muchísimo. (translation from Dad: take care everyone.  I love you all very much.)

Con mucho amor (with much love), Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment