Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011 letter home...


Mi familia,

This week has been very special, we had the baptism of Chema (Jose Manuel) this week! His dad finally returned from seas, and even came with us to his baptismal service. Also his older sister came, and they both loved it. We, the missionaries also had a musical concert this week along with Pres. Naun (our branch president) and 40 of his music students playing recorders. It was all based on Christmas, and us (the missionaries) all shared spiriutal thoughts in between every song. I spoke of the families, and the love I have felt with my family, especially in Christmas times, and how I wish that every family could feel this love and happiness that I know only comes from the eternal bond we have as a family sealed together in the temple for time and eternity. It was a great concert, especially since all of the students' parents came who weren't members of the church. And we got a lot of references from the concert too. Only that we sang 2 songs in english (Jingle Bells and Jingle Bell Rock) (totally not Christ related, but the students loved to play it haha) in which the missionaries asked that the american elders sing as loud as they can. I just about lost my voice haha, also because we sang 14 songs, some repeating themselves. So I have been talking really low-voiced the past couple of days, but my voice is already coming back haha.

This week, we are planning that Mari and Jamilet both get baptized, as they have been waiting very long. Mari has wanted to, but we haven't been able to find the time to teach her as she works alot. And Jamilet has felt unready until now, because of a truly misfortunate past that she has gone through. But we have talked with her and resolved all of her doubts, as well as helped her through the repentance process. Her mother is also planning on getting baptized, but on the 23rd. Because she also has something she has to let go before she gets baptized. It seems that no matter what the problem or roadblock in the way of this family, they just keep pushing through everything. They are so faithful and have all the desires to follow Christ. I am truly grateful for the opportunity my Heavenly Father has given me to meet and know all of these lovely children of His. I will never be able to repay Him, but will do the very best I can to make Him proud. I know that the restored gospel is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. I know that the Book of Mormon contains the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and without its precious contents and principles we would be lost in these days. I am so grateful to be a missionary. These truly are the best two years of my life.
Love, Elder Knight
P.s. Not sure if you got the email I forwarded from Pres. Castañeda, but he gave us permission to talk with our families via Skype this Christmas! =] Wahoooooo!! Get ready Knight Family!
P.s.s. What did you do with the Christmas invitations this year? I am a bit curious to know
P.s.s.s. You are always in my prayers. I hope you are all doing great, and that you don't let a day pass without recognizing a miracle/blessing in your lives. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment