Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Mi querida familia,

Today, could possibly be the 2nd best day in the history of the world. Today, is the day of the birthday of the daughter of my cousin's mom's brother-in-law's wife... mmhmm ...Haley... Happy Birthday Haley!!! I hope you are having the best day of your life! I am so happy for you and for the progress you are making in these last couple of months. You are such a great example to me. I hope you know that we have been celebrating your birthday since we woke up this morning. We ran to seminary at 5:00 this morning, then played soccer afterwards for about an hour. Washed clothes, ate breakfast, cleaned the house real good (including scrubbing down the entire bathroom with "Fabuloso"), ate lunch, and now we're writing to our fabulous families.

This week has been pretty incredible! We had 2 baptisms this week. Martha and Suri. So great, they were so happy! Martha (the mom) had a pretty gnarly experience haha.. Presidente Stenny baptized her, because she wanted him to, and she didn't close her mouth for some reason, and kind of choked on the water the first time and freaked out. So we had to explain suuuuper clearly to close her mouth and everything of course, and then she got baptized real good. Suri was super excited the whole time. But what excites them most is the change in their dad/husband. Marco Antonio is a concrete mason, and therefore he drinks. Its almost certain for al albañiles, they almost always drink. And this is what is so hard for their family. But as they have been active in the church activities and having Family Home Evening and learning so much, they have really grown so much. I'm sure Marco Antonio is struggling alot, but we must not ever forget that there is a Heavenly Father who loves us, and wants us all to succeed in this life.

I know that this is the truth. I know it with all my heart and cannot wait to return to my Heavenly Father's presence knowing that I have served Him sharing this beautiful gospel of His beloved son, Jesus Christ, with this part of the world. I love Mexico! And I love the church.

Well, times up. I love you all so much. Keep up the great work at home. Thank you for your emails. I pray for you all every day. Don't ever forget that we are all children of our loving Heavenly Father. Everyone is, so why don't we just treat everyone as He would, eh?
With love,
Elder Knight
P.S.  .I.O.U. a good letter. Next week, I promise ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment