Monday, October 29, 2012


Querida familia,
This month has been crazy! We have had changes all over the zone, and so many things going on in our own area too. It can be hard juggling everything around at times, but as it is the Lord's work, it certainly gets done. My new companion is Elder Randolph, such a stud, I met him in Cd del Carmen a year ago when he first got here. He's from Tenedor Españoles, Utah, and has 16 months in the mission. He just got special transfers from his last area and had no idea he was going to be a zone leader. But he is doing such a great job, he is so in tune with the spirit and ready to work every day. He is just the leader we need in this zone!
One other thing that makes it so crazy, is that in every area there is not an Elder who has more than 4 months in his area. Some have less, up to where the two Elders in Palenque have just 2 weeks(Both of them!) They practically got "whitewashed" into the area, because neither of them really knows anything about the area. But I know their branch president pretty well from having worked with him, and called him the day they got there, and we set up some divisions with them and the members so that they could help the missionaries know the area, the members, and the investigators really fast. It turned out great, and the Elders said that they felt alot better about the whole situation after the members helped. Members are so great. I love members.
Elder Randolph and I are having a lot of references here in our own area too, the members are very supportive. Especially now that President Castañeda pretty much told us all not to proselyte knocking doors anymore. It was strange. I have heard about them doing that in the states, but I didn't think it would happen here! Knocking doors here can sometimes be all the missionaries do. Not so effective though, so we're grateful for the change!
Well, I just got off the phone with Presidente Castañeda right now actually. Just planched me a bit for not having spoken with the Elders in Triunfo about their branch's organization. I just talked with the Elders there today, and they told me that one of their recent convert men is in a calling that is pretty odd for him. And I mentioned it in my letter to President a few minutes ago. So I'm going to call the Elders back and talk with their branch president too to see what we can do for this branch (because president is thinking about closing it if they dont start having branch councils meetings).. but on the good side, good to know that president reads our emails! Haha
I love you all so much, I know that our Father in Heaven is so proud of us when we choose the right. He is always there watching us, even when we might now think so, and He loves us. I know that this is His church, and He watches over it as well, and blesses the members so that they may have strength to overcome the tribulations in this crazy world. I love you all, and hope the best for your missionary efforts every day.
Love, Elder Knight
P.s. Sorry for the scatterbrained letter. We've really got alot going on, I've still gotta type out our monthly report for the zl council tomorrow in villa. Thanks for the comprehension! =D haha
pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment