Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1, 2011

Mi familia!
       Yes, another great week at the MTC =] I have never felt the Spirit more constant in my life than I have here. I am in love with it. I hope I can take this great Spirit with me as I leave for the field, too (hopefully in two weeks from Monday!). This week has been crazy, yet powerfully inspiring all at the same time. Isn't it amazing how our Heavenly Father can do that? He helps us feel inspired and uplifted even in the toughest and most difficult times.
       First things first. Obedience. Obedience truly is the first law of Heaven. I cannot stress it enough. I know I might not have been the best person to be taking this advice from. But I know it is true. Blessings come solely through obedience to our Heavenly Father's commandments. I know that every commandment we have, from the prophets of old to all of the latter-day prophets, is an opportunity to receive a blessing. Unfortunately this week, I have had the pleasure of learning so much more regarding the principles of obedience. We are given a lot of rules and standards as missionaries, I won't deny it. But every single one is there to protect us as, and is for OUR benefit. Like I said earlier, every commandment, every standard is an opportunity to receive a blessing. And how lucky are we as missionaries to have so many opportunities to receive SO many blessings?! Last week, two of the elders in our district shaved their heads (which is against the missionary standards to have a shaved head) and it sure did cause a whole lot of controversy in our entire zone. Which leads me to say that also, disobedience to His commandments can be quite bothersome. To yourself, and also to all those around you. After the stunt, I had the privilege of interviewing all of the elders in our district and speaking with each one about their thoughts on the incident. The two elders were kind of pressured into it by other elders. I threw in my 2cents and noted that it wasn't a good idea, and against the missionary standards. But I didn't want to be the annoying do-goody elder and force them not to. So I told gave them my opinion, and let them choose for themselves.
Anyways, I won't get too into details about it. I feel like I'm just rambling on. But please know that obedience is key. I really cannot stress it enough. It is SO easy when we literally have all of the do's and do not's. or more like should's and should not's. Be obedient. I'm trying hard to be a good leader. Elder Clark gave me some good advice this week. He said, "As long as everyone knows that you love them and only want the best for them, they will do anything you ask them to." I love that. I love my district.
       On the other hand, we taught in the TRC this week. It was yet another amazing experience, as always! Every week gets better and better. This week, was only in Spanish. It was great! We taught a man named Napoleon the first lesson. He wanted to know so much, we focused on how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. And how prayer, especially family prayer, will bless you SO much.
      Not much time today, but I'd like to share some thoughts I wrote in my planner this week.
      We, as missionaries, are literal soldiers in war, fighting for Zion. We must follow the example of Christ, as He is our captain. We must fight against the adversary to bring souls unto our Savior for their own good. We must yield our hearts unto God this very day and we will become greater soldiers.(Helaman 3:35 in the BOM), sanctify ourselves to receive the blessing He has in store for us. Set our Ebenezers down, to follow the Lord in all things from this very day. Never turn back. Have courage to the end.
       I love you all so much. Thank you for your kind and loving letters. I love you all so much. I'll have to write you this afternoon because I am out of time. Read you Books of Mormon! Pray as a family! Love EVERYONE! I love you all so much!!!!
 
Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment