Monday, April 25, 2011

Trevor's first letter from Mexico!

¡Hola, mi familia, de México! " :) ¡Buenas Tardes, Mamá y Papá! "
Mexico is SWEET. I love it here. The second we got off the plane, at 9pm, I was instantly sweating because it was sooo hot. I love it.
So I'm not in Villahermosa, Tabasco right now. I'm actually in Minatitlan, Veracruz for the next 3 months. I guess its in our area, I didn't even know! My companion is from Draper, UT, and he's a great trainer! His name is Elder Plummer, he has been in the mission for about 8 months now and he's already training. President Castañeda wants us all to work really hard these first two transfers with our trainers, so that we can be ready to train too. I don't know if there is a big group of missionaries coming in July, but I'm going to be doing my best these next 3 months, that's for sure.
Mexico is sweet. It's alot how I imagined it to be, awesome. It is so crazy how people live here, everything is so simple. I love it. Just about nobody here has a watch, it just goes to show how relaxed they all are. And the people here are AMAZING! My first night Elder Plummer and I rode a 4 hour bus from Villahermosa to Minatitlan and we had these recent converts Hmno David and Hmna Olivia callling us every hour to see where we are so they could pick us up. They love the missionaries so much, they stayed up until 1 o'clock just to pick us up from the station. Seriously, the people are so incredibly nice here. We walk everywhere, nobody really has cars. They just take taxis and buses everywhere (and they drive so crazy here! But I still haven't seen one accident it is incredible) Hmno David is a taxi driver that's how he picked us up. Everyone offers us agua here, but its actually not just water, its always water mixed with this flower petal or some fruit juice. It tastes really good. But you never know what 'agua' is actually going to be haha. Anyways, I still don't have much time, and I haven't been taking my camera anywhere, but I tried to get some pictures for you this morning. I hope you are all doing great! Thank you SO much for everything you've done for me growing up. For all the traits you have helped me to acquire. I know that I am here for a reason. I know that we have a Heavenly Father and he loves us all so very much, and wants us all to return back to Him. We can do this through repentance, and baptism into His church. Christ lives and leads this church today through His prophets. The Book of Mormon is true, and was written for US, in THESE days. I know my Savior lives. I know. I know. I know. I can feel His spirit with me every second of the day while I am doing His work. I love you all, and I can't wait for the miracles I will see these next two years. ¡Hasta luego!
Oh, and I had a Bon-Ice the other day. It was amazing. =) It only cost me 3 pesos. (Like 30 cents)

No comments:

Post a Comment