Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8th- just 10 days until Mexico!

My beloved family!
I cannot tell you how great this week has been. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but it has been yet another great week at the MTC! No matter what happens, and no matter what difficulties may arise. I know that through all of my hardships, the Lord will help me and I will become only stronger. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me these next 22 months, as well as for the rest of my life!
General Conference was great! We didn't get to actually go to the Conference Center, but we watched it here at the MTC all together. Wasn't it just amazing?! I KNOW I have never gotten so much out of general conference before. The Spirit was so strong in the room we were watching it in. I was constantly receiving answers to all of my questions. With every talk, my testimony grew so much more. I know that we have a true prophet called of God on the earth today, who is Thomas S. Monson. I know that his presidency and the Quorum of the 12 are all men called of God to preach repentance to all the earth, to help all people everywhere to come closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that every word spoken was inspired by God. I already cannot wait until next general conference! I cannot wait to hear all of what God has for us to learn through our prophet and his apostles.
Oh! And I have great news! I will be going to Boise, ID this Tuesday to sign my visa at the consolate over there. Don't ask me why, but that's just what the travel office is having us do. And we're going to be spending an entire day there, so maybe I'll get to go on splits with a missionary there or something! That would be so cool! I am so excited, mostly because now I know that I will be departing for Mexico on time! Hermano Loaiza tells us more and more every day about Mexico, I am so excited be preaching the gospel to those great people in just a week and a half!
Besides General Conference this week, I have learned so much just here in the MTC. I made a goal my first day to read the Book of Mormon before I leave for Mexico, and if I have time to read el Libro de Mormon tambien. Pero, esta tomando mucho tiempo con todas las estudias en aqui. Ya estoy en el libro de Alma, pero no tengo mucho tiempo cada dia. Ser'a muy dificil, pero puedo hacer. (P.s. Sorry there are no accents) !No puedo esparar!
Anyways, as you probably heard from last weeks letter, that week was especially a bit difficult, but as I said earlier, it was just another opportunity for me to receive strength from the Lord to help me. He will not always just take the pains away, or whatever is causing them. But I know He will give us the power to bear them, he will bless us with the patience to endure our inflictions. And through hard times, you only get stronger. I feel so strong after having been here in the MTC for soo long. I cannot wait to get out to Mexico, but I also will miss the great spirit that resides on this campus. I encourage all worthy young men to step up and prepare themselves for their missions. It is the Lord's work. I know it is,  I wouldn't be able to do it without Him. If you are questioning going or not, I can tell you one thing that I know, is who it is that is putting that question in your mind. Who is it that is giving you doubts as to the blessings that will come from your selfless service. I know that our Heavenly Father wants all to serve, and if you have the opportunity as a young man to take it, you are a fool if you miss it.
I know that this church is true. I know it with every spark in my body. I know that after we are baptized and receive the marvelous gift of the Holy Ghost, we have the Spirit of the Lord with us at all times.  I know that with God, ALL things are possible. With faith in your Savior Jesus Christ, you can be forgiven of all your sins, you can become clean and perfect once again. The gospel of Jesus Christ is on this earth today. The Book of Mormon is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. And to all those who read it, accompanied with prayer, can know for themselves the truthfulness of its message. I cannot tell you how many blessing our Heavenly Father have in store for you if you just keep His commandments. Every commandment, whether it be one of the 10 Commandments, or just the simple words of a prophet telling us to listen to clean music. With every word of our prophets, those called by God to preach joy unto this dispensation, every word, every standard given to us is an opportunity to receive that blessing. I wish I had learned this sooner. There are so many blessings we miss out on for so many silly reasons.
Go to church, be worthy to partake of the sacrament. Study the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ and all he has done for us. Pray to our Heavenly Father often, always keep a prayer in your heart. Be worthy of the companionship of that great Spirit of the Holy Ghost, He will help you with so many things that you cannot even comprehend. And when you follow its promptings, you will only be more worthy of more promptings and a stronger spirit within you. I love you all so much. I miss you to death, but there is really no place I would rather be. I know that I am serving my Lord. This is His work. This gospel is such a beautiful one, share it. Those who are not lucky enough to have a knowledge of the truthfulness of the gospel are so in need. Give them what will bring them TRUE happiness. Share it freely, and you will be so blessed. I love you. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives and died for our salvation. I know this church is true, it is so true. And I share you this testimony in the Holy name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Amen.
P.s. "The greatest battles of life are fought out daily in the silent chambers of the soul.) -David O. McKay =] I love you so much!
Elder Trevor Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment