Friday, April 15, 2011

My Family and friends...

My Family,

 How is everyone? Thank you for all of your letters and packages here in the MTC! I can't tell you how much they all mean to me, and how happy I am when I hear about how everyone is doing. The Lord truly is blessing me for my decisions to serve a mission, and more importantly to serve a righteous mission.

I was thinking alot this morning while in the temple. And I wish I could just force missionaries to have a strong testimony. I was talking with some returned missionaries in one of the media rooms this week while Elder Clark and I were helping with the new missionary meetings Wednesday night. And one thing that really stood out to me while I was talking with these returned missionaries is the importance of having your own real testimony of this gospel. Without it, you're just teaching a lesson to people and all they're doing is listening. And this isn't entirely bad, but there should be more than that. You need to bring the spirit into every lesson, into every home you enter. You need to help the investigators you meet to feel this spirit. They need to feel this spirit so that it can testify to them of the truthfulness of your message.

And I can tell you that as long as you give yourself entirely to Christ, who knows you personally, He will guide you through every step of your every day. We must put all of our trust in Christ. All of it, every fiber of your soul needs to be devoted to His work. I know I am doing the Lord's work here on my mission. I know this because I can feel His spirit every day. As I read the scriptures I can feel His love and I obtain a stronger testimony of the Word of God as I turn every page. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. And he translated the Book of Mormon, for us God's children, through the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that through reading the Book of Mormon we all can gain a testimony for ourselves of the love God has for us, His children. And we can obtain a testimony of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I know this is true, I know it because I have been on the receiving end of too many blessing I have not deserved in this life. I know that everything good is a blessing from God. And even the bad as well, because it is Him giving us the opportunity to practice our faith in Him, and strengthen our testimonies through our trials. I would be nothing without my Savior, I am eternally grateful for His sacrifice of love that he gave for me. And Jesus Christ offers this to every person on the earth today. We all have the opportunity to utilize the power and forgiveness that comes only through His Atonement. He suffered ALL of the pains and inflictions of EVERY person on this earth. Do not let His suffering be for nothing. The price for your sins has already been paid, and you are a stubborn fool if you do not accept Christ's payment for them.
      
 I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to be here at the MTC. Sure, it has been a long two months waiting to go to Mexico, but I have enjoyed EVERY moment of it. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. He has prepared a way before this life began for all of us to return to live with Him again. I know that through the gospel of Jesus Christ we all can come to know our Savior so much better and become better people through the powere of the Atonement. There is so much truth in the church, so much help and support. The Church of Jesus Christ is true. It is the only true church on this earth. I know this. I know our Heavenly Father is not a God of confusion or lies. He has given us one church here on the earth with all of His truth to help His children return to live with Him after this life.
     
  Last week we hosted new missionaries. It was incredible. Elder Clark and I hosted one American elder, and then we were asked to help international missionaries who came in yesterday. It was so much fun. We both split up and hosted one elder each. The elder i hosted was Elder Yang from Korea! I loved him, he was so excited to be here. And every time I see him around the MTC he, no joke, nearly tackles me over to give me a great big hug. I love it so much, one of the best hugs I get here in the MTC is from him. I am so glad to be there to give him a hug back too. It may seem small to some elders here, but to some elders it might mean to world to them. Small acts can go a long way. I know it. Our Heavenly Father loves to work and bless us in numerous and endless small little things. 

"Through small and simple things are GREAT things brought to pass.."

Well times up, I love you all! EVERYONE! We are all children of God, you are all my brothers and sisters! Trust in the Lord with everything! I love you I love you I love you!!!

Elder Trevor Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment