Monday, May 2, 2011

Mi familia amorosa,
       This week has just flown by! It seems as if I was just typing a letter to you yesterday. Elder Plummer and I are in an internet cafe type place and it feels so good because there is air conditioning in here haha. You sweat literally 24/7 here. We have fans that we put on top of our chairs to keep us 'cooler' during the night haha. We have sisters in the ward who wash our shirts, socks, and pants for us, and then we have to wash everything else ourselves by hand on p-day. Its not bad, it doesn't take very long. Elder Plummer and I have been cleaning up our home lately, it was pretty nasty the first few days.
People live very simply here, I love it. A house is simply a big room.
Their beds, kitchen, and everything are all in the same room most of the time. And they are all totally all right with it! I met an elder from the MTC here at a zone conference and he was mentioning how surprised he was at how everyone lives and how spoiled we were in the states. And then he mentioned that he thinks he's in the ghetto part of our zone. Until another elder overheard and notified him that its like that everywhere in southern Mexico, and we're all in the ghetto haha.
       I've been eating some sketchy stuff here, thank goodness I haven't gotten sick yet. I just have to make sure I bless everything before I eat it haha. Tell everyone at home that I said hello! I miss you all so much. I wish that all of my friends out there could experience how great this work really is. Keep being amazing! IT sounds like everyone is doing great. Thank you for all taking care of my family so well.
       We really are blessed SO much, everywhere I think. Even though we don't have as much here, the Spirit can be just as strong, if not stronger. We had testimony meeting yesterday during sacrament. It was one of the best I've ever been to. I don't know if its like this every week, but almost everyone got up and shared their testimony. I was going to but I wanted to give the ward members time to share theirs.
       One thing that I really loved this week was a sripture I was reading during personal study. Alma 37:6-7. I was reading it the other morning, and I've read it a million of times. But I remembered this time a moment when I was little. I remember having a bad day after trying to help someone but them not appreciating it at school. And then later that night mom shared with me one of her favorite scriptures, Alma 37:6-7. And the importance of doing good things for others, no matter how small the act may be to them or to you. It doesn't matter. Our Heavenly Father put us all on this Earth here together. To help each other through each other's times of trouble. To lift each other up when they are feeling down. I know that Heavenly Father sent me here to Mexico to help these people find their Savior.
Through faith in Him, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end we all can live happily with Him for eternity.
       During the testimony meeting yesterday, I surprisingly understood most of it, except for a few new words here and there. But one thing I could understand 100% was the comfort of the Spirit.
During that meeting, I felt so loved, I felt that I was in the right place right now. I felt a reassurance that my Savior Jesus Christ will be with me every step of the way. I felt so much love for and from my family at home. I know that I was sent here on this Earth with the family I have here by my Heavenly Father. He showed me before I came down who they were going to be, how great they are, and how much love they will have for me. He reassured me at that time that they would be there for me when I needed their help. He would give them us all gifts so that we can help each other during this life. He knew exactly who I needed in this life to help me return to Him when it is over. I know this. I know that families can be forever. I know that I will never be without them again.
       As a missionary, I am physically away from them for these 2 years, but it is nothing compared to eternity. My time away from them will be spent helping other families be "forever families." As the families I teach and help here come to find the gospel and the truth of our Father's plan, they will come to feel these same things that I do now.
I know that we have a Father in Heaven, I know that he loves each and every one of us. He gave His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to help us return to Him again. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, and yours too. I can feel His spirit with me every day, I can feel His love every moment. I can see the love he has for all of us when I teach others of it.
I love you all so much. Thank you for all of the blessings I have received through you, my family, my entire life.


Elder Trevor Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment