Monday, May 23, 2011

4 months serving....

Mi familia eterna, y amigos eternos,

How great does that sound? That we can all be together for eternity?!
Well if you're not sure how to answer that question, I'll answer it for ya: It's the best thing to know in this world, there is nothing that gives me more peace or comfort than the knowledge that in God's plan we can live with our loved ones for eternity! We had a mission conference on Tuesday and it was so great. Elder Quentin L. Cook came and he was SO powerful. He had to use a translator, it reminded me of my talk in the Las Posas Ward before I left haha. He talked about so much, yet hit every single one so right that I felt so great afterwards. One thing that I loved was when he told us about our families. He said that there is NO better place for any of us to be than here on a mission right now. He said that no matter what was going on before you left, or whats going on now, we are where our Heavenly Father wants us to be. A missionary in our district has parents that are going through a divorce right now at home, and when Elder Cook talked about this subject I knew that it had to have been touching this missionary's heart. He continued to tell us that all of our loved ones are blessed through our service. ALL of our loved ones.

Not just our family at home, but every single person that we care for, every person that we love will receive blessings through our service.  This promise was amazing, I couldn't comprehend it at first. But I know that our Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I know that through my service here, I am not only helping my family, but all of those I love and care about too! This is so ridiculously great, I was on top of the sky for the entire bus ride home afterwards.

Angel, who we just baptized, has such a great family. His mom was baptized when she was 15, she told us, and we're trying to find the records. His dad loves the Bible, and knows so much already. We came over to visit Angel last week and decided to share a message with his dad who was home. We talked and gave him un Libro de Mormón(Book of Mormon) =P We read through the introduction with him and he loved it already. When we returned the next day, he told us he had been reading and praying to know if it is true. And that he had a dream the other night, that he needed to "Follow the Light," in which he told us he could see in the Book of Mormon. It was such a great visit with him, he shared more and more and more of the great testimony he already has of the church after reading just a few chapters in the Book of Mormon.
With prayer, everyone can know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That through this book, we can all come so much closer to our Savior and receive baptism into His true church on the Earth today.

And it gets even better, at church yesterday I sat behind Angel's family, and Angel is now a deacon and was passing the sacrament.  Watching him pass to his family just touched my heart. This young boy who i had just baptized 2 weeks ago is moving to fast. He has a testimony of this church, and shares it with all he knows. It truly is incredible, the power of our baptism.  During that sacrament, I had such a great experience. Seeing Angel passing the sacrament, seeing our investigators in the chapel with us, I could hardly keep myself from crying it was so wonderful. the spirit was so strong in that chapel as we heard the members' talks and testimonies of the temple. During the Sacrament I was praying. I cannot describe how I felt, but it was strong. I received the strongest desire to never sin again.

I was trying to think of a song I remember but don't remember that says something among the lines of "How many drops of His blood were spilt for me?" I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He suffered and died for all of our sins. And not only our sins, but also our inflictions, pains, and sorrows. He suffered through and has felt all of our pains. He knows exactly how we feel when we are in pain, because He has felt them before. With this, He also knows how to help us through all of our trials as well, and He will! He has suffered for all of our sins, and will pay for our salvation if we just accept Him as our Savior. For this, why do we continue to sin? Why do we continue to give in to temptation? Why do we continue to create more and more pain for Him to have suffered through? I know this much, that I am nowhere near perfect, but from this moment I will try harder than ever before. I will be faithful, obedient, and endure to the end. I will be more like Him in every action, every word, every thought.

Also this week as I was focusing on being a representative of Jesus Christ, there were so many times where I felt His love all around me.  We were having Family Home Evening with a less-active family this week.  One of their nephews is 2 years old, but is not developing as he should be. As we were teaching he was tossing and turning in the chair he was sitting in and his cousin couldn't control him. Whenever I looked at him and we would make eye contact, he would sit still, and would smile. I don't know if it was because I am white, or something else. I continued to teach our lesson to this family, all the while also being perplexed by what was happening. It was incredible. I know that I am in the right place. This was just one of the many evidences of my calling here. I know that as I am worthy and ready, I will be blessed with a Spirit that can bless others every day. I felt this as this young boy was blessed with peace, I felt like a true disciple of Him.  It was so small, but so strong.

Another thing that happened. Well I finally got sick =) And it wasn't very much fun. Yesterday after church we went to our apartment to drop off our books and teaching materials(because we teach a gospel principles class every week). On the walk back, I felt super sick in my stomach. We got home at 2:00 and I pretty much turned my fan on and fell onto my bed. Needless to say I was using the bathroom often and just feeling horrible for 3 hours. Trying to read, but I just felt more sick and dizzy. Trying to sleep but I couldn't either. Then I threw up, which reminded me alot of Kristian(side-thought ha ha). After that I layed in bed for about another 30 mins and then went outside on our roof where its alot cooler because you can feel the breeze. I was sitting there for about an hour reading. 7:00 came around and I looked down to see what Elder Plummer was doing, he was reading a Doctrine and covenants manual. I walked back inside and said to him "Ready to go?" And he was like "What? Aren't you sick?" And I was just like lets go make some visits.

It was awesome, we felt like Supermen haha. He kept asking me as we were walking if I felt alright and i was just like "Yeah, lets go! I feel great!" We visited a few families. We then went to an investigator's home, Liliana. And we caught her husband home too, which never happens! And we shared a message with them and they want to have an FHE tonight. It was incredible. I know that I was blessed with health because we needed to visit this family right then.
He will always prepare a way for us to do His work. I know it. I know that this gospel is true. This church is the same church that Christ established while on the earth, and it was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called of God to lead and guide us in these times. This is the true Church of Jesus Christ. We invite all to come and know for themselves. This is my testimony included with this very long letter. In the name of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

With love from Elder Trevor Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment