Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011



Querido familia,

I cannot tell you anything that has happened this week! My head is just so turned around with your emails I just read!!! I am so happy I don't even know what to say! I am so grateful for temples, and for the Spirit of the Lord whom resides within. I really miss going to the temple, alot. A family that Elder De Los Santos baptized was married in the temple last weekend, but we didn't get the chance to go. I was a bit heartbroken to be quite honest. But I still feel so great knowing that my family can go. Please do, as often as you can! I loved loved loved hearing about Haley and Caitlynn's experience in the temple the other day, I cannot think of any other place in the world where you can receive inspiration as beautiful as that. The temples really are the most sacred buildings on this Earth, I know the temple is the house of the Lord. We baptized Cesar this week! And he is planning on going to the temple already to do baptisms on the 20th! I am so happy for him, and for the blessings that I have been able to witness through his conversion.
I was just writing my weekly letter to President Castañeda. Last week I wrote to him about how confused I have felt the past couple of weeks here. Here with my companion Elder De Los Santos, I often don't feel like I'm working as hard as I can, or should. And I've been a bit frustrated. I want to be the best missionary I can, no importance who my companion is. I want to help my companion and myself be as succesful and obedient as possible, so that we can fully reap the blessing of the Lord in this great work of saving souls. To the point in which our obedience blesses the lives of all Heavenly Father's children here. I have felt like correcting my companion at times, but I'm too afraid to be misunderstood or come across rude. I don't want to come across like I blame everything on my companion either, because I know I have just as much responsibility in our work here. Last week we didn't have a very good day, and we were planning for the next day when I felt like going back over the day we just had. And why things didn't work out as we wanted, and what we could do to assure they don't happen again. I was a bit hesitant to say anything, because I have been told that at times I am not very sensitive to others feelings out here. But I was going over everything with Elder De Los Santos, and he helped me to point out some of the things we could have done better. Needless to say, it felt like a great planning session, and I felt so great that we worked it out. Because when you don't have a very good day, nobody's really happy, and there is a bit of contention. But this night helped us alot as a companionship, and has helped Elder De Los Santos and I feel more comfortable talking about things openly like that. We didn't really hit it off at first, but now we are starting to understand eachother better, work more together, and recognize all the things we can learn from eachother. (Sidethought, I am really starting to forget some english words.. Not good)
Nevertheless, I am still here, still happy to be serving my Savior in this beautiful country of Mexico. I'm loving the people here, the culture, the food(haha), the work, and especially the gospel. I don't know where I would be without this true gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I don't know how I would be alive without the blessings of it, and the influence I have had growing up in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I don't know how any young man or woman could survive on a mission without the blessing of our Heavenly Father watching over us, protecting us, and guiding us in every single one of our steps. I am so eternally happy for the knowledge that I will live with my family forever, through the blessings of temple covenants and righteous living we will all see eachother again and live in perfect unity. The blessing of my mission are already innumerable, and I cannot wait to see the blessings of the service given by my Sister Knight. =) She will be the greatest missionary of our Savior Jesus Christ in the entire world, I honestly mean that. I am so grateful for the influence my family has given me in this life, I love each and every one of my sisters and parents and grandparents and cousins and uncles and nephew to death =D Not to mention all of my greatest friends; I know we were all sent here together to bless the lives of one another with our personalities, service, and love for eachother. I am so blessed, and so undeserving. I was reading in Our Search for Happiness a few weeks ago, and upon looking through it again this week, something really stood out to me. It said that, "There are many young men and women serving missions in this world, with the idea that they will be paying back their Savior through their service. But every single one soon finds out that the love and blessing He gives us are impossible to match. You cannot keep up with Him."
I love you all SO much. I'm missing you, but I know that there is no better place for me to be right now. See you all in Feb 2013, no sooner. It'll be worth the wait.
With love, Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment