Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 28, 2011


Querido familia,

This week has been great! The Lord truly does pave the way for us missionaries. And when we choose to walk in His road (Obey his commandments, rules, and ways of doing the work) He truly does bless us. We as missionaries here in our mission, have a goal to baptize every week. Every week we should be changing somebody's life through inviting them to following the example of Christ through Baptism.

This week we were waiting for Guillermo to return from Merida, where he has medical appointments, and he still hadn´t returned. We had a date for the next week for Chimi, a mom who has been an 'almost' member of the church for more than 2 years here. Her son was the only one who could get baptized when the missionaries first visited them 2 years ago. But she hasn't been able to get baptized because her husband would not get married with her (so she hasn't been living the law of chastity, so she couldn't get baptized). Well, turns out 3 weeks ago she kicked him out of the house for some word of wisdom problems. So we put a date for her baptism the 3rd of December. Well turns out on friday she came to the missionary farewell of Alexis, and upon talking with her and one of our ward missionaries, we all decided to push her baptism to this Sunday after church. So we had her interviewed the next day, and baptized on Sunday. It happened fast, but was all so beautiful. So many people already know her, and were so happy for her. She also was so excited and happy, her smile was glowing all day on Sunday, even until we went to visit her that night.


Well, not much time today, (sidenote, 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' is playing in the ciber cafe we're in right now, but in Spanish.. Reminds me of my sister Haley everytime haha) The power went out this afternoon so we haven't been able to write until now. But quickly. I'll keep an eye out for the packages you've sent. The zone leaders go to Villahermosa tomorrow for a conference, and they should bring back all the mail and materials we need here in Carmen when they return.

I am so grateful to be here, this city is so beautiful, and the people are so amazing. I really do love them. I feel so at home with our branch of the church here, I don't want to leave haha. Elder Ibarra talked on the phone with the mission President the other day, and President mentioned something about me training next transfer, so hopefully I can stay here! hehe, moreso hopefully I can train well ha! I feel ready. Well, I love you all so much, everyone.

My family, friends, acquaintances. I hope you are all doing great, I pray for you all every day. Never forget how important you are to our Heavenly Father. Trust in Him, and in our Savior Jesus Christ, trust in the commandments and words of the prophets. Never doubt in His word. Read the scriptures, Pray always, and don't you dare miss a Sunday in the sacrament meeting. I love helping others, providing service to them, and teaching them about Jesus Christ.  I love missionary work. There is nothing else I would rather be doing right now. I know this is the true church, and is the pathway to return in Heavenly Father's presence, along with our families for eternity. I love you all so much. Take care,

Cuídense todos (take care all),
Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment