Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012

A member of the Cuichapa Ward, Carlitos (Charlie) doing yard work

Querido familia,

Seems like I never have much time these days to write, we are always in such a run here in Cuichapa. This week has been pretty boring to be honest. Elder Andrade got sick, it was pretty bad too. We were on the way to a lesson Wednesday night, and he told me that he didn't feel too good, but that he wanted to teach the lesson to our investigator. So I told him that if he wanted to leave during the lesson that he give me a sign (put his glasses on the tip of his nose) and we would hightail it outta there. So we were teaching the lesson, Elder Andrade next to me on the table and the investigator at the head of the table, me in the middle. And during the lesson I felt impressed to share the story of the bridge that dad sent me. So I shared it, and we talked with Isis for a bit. In part of the lesson, I looked back at Elder Andrade, and he had all of his stuff already in his bag, and was just about throwing his glasses all over his face haha. So I was like "oh shoot, I totally forgot", and didn't see the signal.. So we ended up the lesson super quick and ran outta there. In the middle of the street, Elder Andrade stopped and threw up alot, (and I was going to take a picture, but thought twice about it, and knew he would get mad, ...so I didn't lol). Anyways, so we spent the next two days in the house, him sleeping watching videos and telling me how sick he was. And I studying, cleaning the house, and taking care of him, trying to cook him up stuff, or help him out to prepare a drink that the pharmacy gave us. And well thats pretty much our week. And the conference with President. It was soooo great! I'm soo glad we could go. I also received a package from Mom and Dad, thank you so much! And almost threw away the box, until I saw the CHRISTMAS LETTER, it is way sweet. Good job!! Also received a package from the Pittmans, you are so great!! "Feliz Navidad" to all of you, thank you so much for the cards and candies, and cereal! You are awesome. And well, another 2 weeks to go in this cambio(transfer), gotta make the best I've got of it.

"The Lord's time is always perfect, we must make the best of that which He has given us, for it cannot be wasted."
My thought for you this week, something that has really inspired me these last couple of days:

"And speak freely to all; yea, preach, exhort, declare the truth, even with a loud voice, with a sound of rejoicing, crying—Hosanna, hosanna, blessed be the name of the Lord God!  Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing—yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof.  Behold, canst thou read this without rejoicing and lifting up thy heart for gladness?  Or canst thou run about longer as a blind guide?  Or canst thou be humble and meek, and conduct thyself wisely before me? Yea, come unto me thy Savior. Amen.

Los quiero, a todos, más que se puedan imaginar (I love you all more than you can imagine)
..Elder Knight..
Trevor and his companion Elder Andrade on the way to do laundry

A member of the local ward at his butcher shop with Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment