Monday, March 5, 2012

re: Jesus Cristo (Jesus Christ)...

Dear family,

I want everyone to know how important Jesus Christ is for us.

As I have been living this week in the mission, and working in the Lord's vineyard, I have had plenty of time to think about how grateful I am for Jesus Christ. I can say without a doubt that every time in my life, every moment in which I have pleaded for His help, He has always answered me. I know that sometimes He has not answered me in the way I had expected or wanted, but I know that what He has done was according to His will. His will is to make us happy. His will is to bring us salvation. His will is to make our families into eternal families. His will is ultimately to bless us.

As I have read your emails and what is happening at home, it makes me so happy to know you are all together, I hope you all really appreciate it. As I am very far away, I can't tell you what I would give to be with you all, that is if there wasn't such an important work to be done here where I am. Don't forget to take care of yourselves, everyone together. We are a family, never feel like you are alone. Satan wants you to think that these are hard times, think that you can't do this, that you should give up. But Christ promises you that you can. That He will help you, bless you, comfort you, and support you in every moment. So, do what is right.

It has becoime very clear to me that the times in which I have lived in a way according to His will, I have coasted through the mission with complete happiness and success. But the times in which I have put myself unteachable, prideful, or disobedient have been very tough times. Because the mission is not so easy at times, I think its pretty well understandable to relate it to our entire life. After all, many say that the life of a returned-missionary will be according to how well he (or she) served his (or her) mission.

In thinking about before my mission, I think about how blessed I have been all of my life. I have always had everything I needed, well with such loving parents and such, I was very well maintained. I also was very blessed to be raised in a Mormon home, in which I learned since my childhood gospel principles and have received much instruction in how to live in a Christlike manner. I've always had good friends, none of them have ever pushed me over the edge in sin or such things. But I have learned much from experience that, always in the end, Christ's way is the best way. A question that I have always overlooked and underestimated "What would Jesus do?".... And this question, along with a quick prayer, can solve ALL of our problems in every day.

Well family, friends, and you random people reading an Elder's emails to his family, I hope we all can live a life more focused in doing "what Jesus would do." If only we could pause in time, and ask ourselves this question in every moment of every day. Before we say something to another person. Before we write something down. Before we type something in the computer. Before we buy anything. Before we go anywhere. Before we read something. Before we think something. Before we look at something. Before we do anything. Ask yourselves, "What would Jesus do right now?" and pray to receive further instruction.

I testify to you, as a representative of Jesus Christ, that our happiness depends on every action we make in every moment of every single day. Everything has its consequence which MUST be paid, whether it be good or bad.

The good news: Jesus Christ.

As we search to live every day more in line with the will of our Heavenly Father's plan, we can achieve true happiness and joy in this life. Although we make errors and mistakes often, as we change ourselves more towards Christ and His gospel, these mistakes all disappear. Thanks to the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, all things can be restored to its perfect state: Our bodies, our spirits, and our eternal happiness. Imagine the love that He has for each and every one of us. Such love that motivated Him to live a perfect life, denying every temptation that came across His path, to love those who scorned Him, and suffer the inexplicable process of the Atonement for us. I know that this love is the same our Heavenly Father has for us, in which His begotten Son exemplified through His atoning sacrifice from the Garden of Gethsemane to Calvary. I would like to share with you one of my favorite quotes, one from our great President Joseph B. Wirthlin:

"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us—even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

I invite you all, within the sound of my words, that you can come unto Christ, and be free. Free of every spiritual wound that you might have, or might be developing. Free of the bonds of sin in which we find ourselves in after it seems 'too late.' Free from the misery which Satan desires for us to suffer. Free, within the arms of the great Shepherd Jesus Christ. Within His reach. Closen yourselves to Him, and leave all your troubles behind. Verily, He invites all to come unto Him, and live happily. I KNOW that as we strive to live according to His every word, really STRIVE to do so. Not only when it is convenient, but even when we do not see the benefit. In doing so, His will that is, one will find a true hapiness, perhaps one never experienced before. Leave your past behind, starting now, 10 minutes ago doesn't mean anything to Him. Repent, and move forward. Jesus Christ loves you. Our loving brother is desperately waiting for us to accept His help as we live His gospel. Strive to be BETTER. Do the right thing, even when it seems difficult. As Christ said to the woman found in adultery, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

Go, and sin no more. I leave my testimony with you that Jesus is the Christ. He is the Son of God, who came down from His throne in Heaven to literally save us from both physical and spiritual death. To save us from the hardships that we face in every single day. There is no such thing as impossible... I know that He cares for us, every single one of us, with a love so strong which no other person can offer us. He loves you. He wants you to accept Him as your Savior. He wants you to be happy. Let yourself be happy: Come unto Him.

I share this with you, with all my love. And I hope you may be benefited in some way, that I could help you to understand really how much you mean to our Father in Heaven. No matter how small you may think you are, you are everything to Him. And I do so humbly, in the name of our beloved Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment