Monday, April 30, 2012

Mi Familia


[ oh, and I ate a whole chile habanero at lunch the other day, everything up to the seeds. Yeah, its spicy I'll tell ya =) ]

Querido familia,



I hope all is well back at home this week. Keep up the good work preparing for Caitlynn's wedding, it should turn out awesome!


Chelsea, Danny, Haley, Reagan, and Connor: ¡Pórtense bien! (be good) Since you're all in the same household right now, do your best to make it just like how our Celestial household will be one day. What a wonderful opportunity our Heavenly Father has granted you all to experience such a loving environment in our very own home. I just want you all to know I am so jealous of you all. I miss you all so much, can't wait for the day to be with you all again. But I know this work is serious, and we'll have to wait it out a few more months. I too am learning so much here, even with the pains and suffering at times, I know it is all in God's plan for me.


Mimi, I want you to know that I love and respect you so much. It takes alot to be able to put up with the annoying teenager I was. You have always been a great example for me, and really have taught me so much. Up to the point when you would order me food in the drive-thru and force me to eat it even if I said no: I learned my lesson to accept things when people offer them to me, and I can't tell you how inspired that was, as I am in my mission in Mexico. Where if you don't accept even a glass of water the people can get offended. You are so awesome.

This week has taught me alot. Maybe more than I have learned in any week of my mission. I can't even begin to tell you how much Elder Rodríguez and I have been working this past transfer. So many people we have contacted more than 700 people in the streets, homes, buses, taxis, everywhere. We have found and taught more than 60 people accepting commitments, over 200 lessons, and put over 15 baptismal dates. And not one person has made it to the water in this entire transfer. Who knows why, but it seems like something crazy always happens to our investigators. There's always somebody, a friend, family member, or someone against us who influences the people to stop progressing. Up to the point where Pablo, one of the many, was interviewed and passed on Friday, had his baptismal service planned for Saturday, and the same day thought twice and changed his mind, deciding to go to a 15años with his cousins and friends. Drinking. We're almost up to the point where we do now know what to do.

It seems like there is so much controversy working against us, so much iniquity. I have come to realize just how strong the adversary's influences can be upon the hearts of the children of men.

...But there is a stronger force. I know that whether or not the people accept, we are preparing the world for His second coming. Christ will return to this Earth, and reign upon the face of the Earth in peace and harmony. We, equally, need to be preparing ourselves. The battle is hard, but the reward is the eternal life. I know that what I am doing is true. The Holy Spirit has testified to my soul that the very things I am teaching every day is the word of God. Through living His gospel, we can receive the peace and hapiness in this life, as well as the salvation in the life to come.


“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calamity may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, ‘The work is done.”


My beloved family, I know that this work is true. There is no greater cause in which we shall go on working for. No struggle, no pain, no suffering, no sacrifice goes in vain. Let us work for Him. I love you all so much. I pray for you all every day. Don't you ever give up, don't lose hope. God is at work in our lives, always.

Love, Elder Knight
(Elder Noche)


Scripture of the week: from Cuichapaaaaa =)
"O Lord God, how long wilt thou suffer that such wickedness and infidelity shall be among this people? O Lord, wilt thou give me strength, that I may abear with mine infirmities. For I am infirm, and such wickedness among this people doth pain my soul."
"O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul ain Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me, because of the iniquity of this people."
"O Lord, wilt thou comfort my soul, and give unto me success, and also my fellow laborers who are with me—yea, Ammon, and Aaron, and Omner, and also Amulek and Zeezrom, and also my two sons—yea, even all these wilt thou comfort, O Lord. Yea, wilt thou comfort their souls in Christ."
"Wilt thou grant unto them that they may have strength, that they may bear their afflictions which shall come upon them because of the iniquities of this people."
"O Lord, wilt thou grant aunto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ."
"Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee."

P.S.Oh and did I tell you that I'm training this next transfer? Elder Rodríguez is going to Coatza, and a new missionary is coming from the MTC in his place. I'm way excited! "It's a boy!" A greenpea  hahaha

-me preparing myself for the day, gotta wear your pants right

-Pablo and I, him wearing one of my shirts and tie

-we ate armadillo this week SOOO GOOD

...and finally -thats my box kite I made out of palm fronds, above Elder Rodriguez's head, oh yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment