Monday, June 27, 2011


Mi familia,
       I will write you in English this week =) Because I love you.
Sounds like your youth conference was awesome! And props to Bishop Larsen on your breakdancing, I want to see that when I get back! I loved all of our youth conferences, don't you ever take those for granted. I hope your all doing well at home, and in Ohio. Wish I could be there to help with the move, but I know you will all be fine with Chelsea there ;D Congratulations Danny on your degree!!! That is so awesome, thank you for your letter and advice. I love the emails and letters. I wish I had more time to write you all. I have about 2 months worth of letters in our home, just waiting until I can find a place around here to send them off. We might go to El Centro next week, and I can send them all off. I hope everyone doesn't think I've forgotten about them! I really miss you all, wish you could be here!

       Elder Plummer and I had a long week this week. Lots of work to be done, and it seems like there wasn't alot of time to do any of it.
We were short on our goals this week, and 2 of our investigators'
baptismal dates fell because they didn't attend church yesterday.
Elder Plummer and I have been working super hard to strengthen the ward and our investigators this week, and it is tiring! We had a 'Noche de Película' on Saturday night, and besides the fact that almost nobody showed up until an hour later, it went really well! That seems to be the problem with activities here, nobody comes on time.

The culture here is just so relaxed, its hard for me to grasp sometimes. We watched The Testaments, and we talked to our ward about how we're all going to read the Book of Mormon together as a ward.
Everyone was really excited after watching it, I can´t wait to see how strong this ward becomes soon.

       Last week we had a zone conference with President Castañeda. It was awesome. It was a Capacitación, or training meeting. The one thing that really stuck out to me is that we are not here just to baptize people, we are here to build up the kingdom of God here on the earth.
We decided we are going to work towards converting future church leaders. Future bishops, Relief Society Presidents, Sunday-School Teachers, Missionaries. I am excited for this new approach to the work we are doing. We truly are building His kingdom here in Mexico.

       We had a stake ward council meeting last night, and I think its going to help us alot. The only ones there from our ward were the bishop, 1st counselor, and us the Elderes. Elder Plummer and I were kind of disappointed that nobody else came from our ward. We're working on exciting our ward for missionary work, and its progressing.
Slowly but surely. We set goals to have ward council every week, combined activities every week, divisions with the missionaries, and 100 people in sacrament meeting by the end of July. Its going to be a great month, I think these goals we set with the stake are going to help our ward alot. The missionary work is not just for full-time missionaries, but it is a duty of all members, all saints. We all can do missionary work in our own homes, work, school, sports, everywhere.

Just to share your testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ while with a friend, or invite them to mutual or church. Do not have fear to share the gospel. I promise all of you that if you can find one opportunity to share your testimony this week, invite someone to church, or visit a less-active member, you will feel the prescence of our Savior even more in your life. You will find his peace and comfort in your everyday. Your own testimony will be strengthened, and you will have even more power over the adversary and his temptations. I love you all. Choose the Right. Do a good turn daily too. =)

"Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
Be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen."

Hacer lo bueno.
Vos amo, para siempre. ( I love you all forever)
Elder Knight <3

PS:
Included are pictures of our baptism with Alitelio, me in the back of a truck with the wind, some tagging we found the other day, Elder Flores and I in a field. An example of the ugly family pictures they have here =D Elder Plummer walking to a home of one of our investigators. And the side of a house that says "Dumping trash prohibited." "Don't be a <Pig>" haha I love you all, miss you all. Wish you were here, as always!

P.S.S.
Also, let everyone know that I'm thinking of them often!
How are all the guys? Kristian, Kenny, Ryan, Jimmy? Are Kenny and Ryan working on their mission papers yet?
How are all of our cousins? I miss being with them, there are so many fun little kids here!
And tell everyone I love them. Chelsea, Danny, Haley, Caitlynn, and Reagan!
I love you Mom and Dad!



Link to where Trevor is currently serving:

No comments:

Post a Comment