Monday, June 6, 2011

My dearest family,

 

I love my mission.

This week, I have been learning so much. Every day is another opportunity to learn something. One thing, I love how I can feel thelove that our Father and Savior has for us. It is by far my favorite thing to share with people. I was teaching a class about the Holy Ghost on Sunday, and right before I began I just felt like dumping my entire lesson plan and sharing my testimony and having a discussion with the class. So I did, and it was incredible. Elder Plummer and I have this tiny little classroom that we teach gospel principles in, and we had 3 investigators in our class yesterday. After my testimony all of the members started sharing their experiences of how the Spirit has influenced them to make right choices in their lives, and has helped them through troubling times. One sister told everyone how scared and insecure she felt before baptism, and how all of her feelings were swept away once she received the gift of the Holy Ghost.


All I can say is that I am so grateful for her testimony, and for the spirit that we all felt while in that tiny hot classroom.


I've also been thinking alot this week. I don't know where I have found the time, but I have haha, there is always something to do, someone to talk to, someone to help with the message of this gospel. Elder Plummer and I were talking about miracles the other day. And he had some crazy story about how he could have died one time, but was saved by some miraculous occurence. I couldn't think of anything huge.  But that night I was just thinking about everything the Lord has done for me. And I am so grateful, so unworthy, so eternally in debt for everything He as done for me. Just all of the STUPID things I have done in this life, somehow I got past them. Somehow, I am not in jail.


Somehow, I am alive today. I don't know how to describe it any other way, except I just know. I KNOW with all my heart that my Lord has literally saved me. He has spared me from Satan's grasps, and for this i owe Him everything. I truly believe that He has saved me for this very day. For this very place. For this very mission that i am on today.

There is someone here in Mexico just waiting for me. I can feel it with every spark of my being. I know that I have a special purpose here, to bring the souls of my Father in Heaven's children back to Him. I know this way is through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and through His church which is led by Him, through our prophet Thomas S. Monson today.


I am so grateful for my parents. For my Heavenly Father having put me here on this Earth with these specific people. And having given them the knowledge and spiritual promptings as to what to do with me here, how to raise me, how to help me return to Him. How to help me, to help
others to do the same. I am so grateful for you. I love the plaque on the back of our front door. I remember looking at that every day, whatever mood i was in, I always made it a goal to do very this.


"Return with Honor."  

And that is exactly what i am going to do. I know
that I promised certain things to our Heavenly Father before coming onto this Earth, and I am going to do the very best I can to remain faithful to those words. I will Return with Honor. And I encourage you all to do the very same. I love you all, may the Spirit of God be with you this week as we all try and better ourselves to return to Him. Forever your son, brother, cousin, grandson, uncle, friend.

Elder Knight