Monday, October 3, 2011

To: My family and friends...

Hello my wonderful family.

Have I told you lately that I love you? Hahaha Conference was AMAZING! Super awesome. I watched the first session in Spanish, and then one of the counselors told me that there is a room in english for two of the elders who just arrived this month, and that I was invited to join them if I wanted. I am so glad I did haha. The spanish was still the same, and I understood everything. But its a bit bothersome when your accostumed to the voices of the apostles and prophet, and you hear some other voice. And the translator just about butchered some of President Monson´s jokes. Nevertheless, I am grateful for the English language. The language of the Restauration, as President Castañeda says (and I think in Preach My Gospel too).

Well, transfers came, and Elder Alvarado went. It was pretty odd. He left on friday, 4 days before normal tranfers. So I have been with our Branch Mission Leader, who is a STUD. His name is Alexis and he´s 18 years old, preparing to go on a mission. He leaves December 1st for Argentina! So legit, so he has been my companion for the last few days, as well as another preparing to go to Chile, Edgar. They are both studs, super prepared, better missionaries than I am already. And are super fun. They are so excited to learn about everything, and totally prepared to give everything to the Lord. I couldn't be happier for them, and more grateful for the opportunity that I have to be with them.

In other news, we´re trying to find new investigators, as the ones that Elder Alvarado and I were working on aren´t progressing very well, and don't want to come to church. But we're finding miracles all over Carmen. Also, we got a new (used) fridge from one of the members. Its way bigger than our old one, smaller than yours at home, but so awesome haha. We cleaned out the apartment really well and got everything ready for my new companion to arrive tomorrow. Elder Ibarra. Apparently from what I have heard so far from other elders: He's Mexican, and he was a zone leader in his last area. So that's all I know, and I am super excited.

I want to learn everything all over again, and do things in the way the Lord has commanded. I love all of you. I can feel your prayers. Last night, we ate dinner with a Sister in the other branch, and I saw a picture frame with the story of the footsteps on the sand. Of how a man asked Jesus, "What happened in my difficult times and trials? There are only one set of footprints, why did you leave me when I needed you most?" And the Lord replied, "In those moments, there are only one set of footprints because I was carrying you.."
What a sweet way to look at our most trying and difficult times in our life. We should never forget that our Savior Jesus Christ will ALWAYS be there for us, especially in our times of trials. You are all loved, and never forgotten. You are never alone.

I love you, Elder Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment